Who We Are
As a Community
Luff Learning Fine Arts Academy is an educational company owned and operated by women with a vision of a different world – one where school is both fun AND it helps our children to become good people, creating a ripple effect. Our goal is to create a space where children learn empathy along with academics, and where they feel safe and supported to be their most authentic selves. We believe that children are intelligent and creative, and that they learn best when when given a structured environment that allows them to express their creativity – while learning about personal and social/professional boundaries.
At Luff, our motto is “Seek to Understand.” We believe in respecting kids and parents, in providing premium learning opportunities, and – most of all – we believe in a secular, science-based education that is tightly entwined with Fine Arts. We are committed to providing safe, diverse, and inclusive spaces for our students.
The Values of Luff: “R.I.G.H.T. H.E.A.R.T.”
- Responsibility/accountability of staff and students
- Integrity, honesty, and clear communication
- Growth with a student-centered approach; meeting the student where they are
- Holding healthy boundaries, and teaching students and staff to do the same
- Tenacity shown through academically rigorous and flexible learning
- Humanity – showing compassion, grace, and space for students, parents, and teachers
- Empathy as part of our everyday curriculum
- Acceptance – of ourselves, each other, and the present moment
- Respect and kindness in all interactions
- Trust in our own capacity to learn and grow!
Sarah Milligen, Creative Directress
Ms. Sarah is a passionate educator and theatre artist with over 20 years of experience on stage. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from SHSU in 2018 with her BFA in Theatre Education, and is on track to pursue a Master’s degree in Arts Entrepreneurship in the near future! She has taught hundreds of students over those few years, and undergone as many hours of professional development, honing her teaching craft. She loves reading, writing, yoga, rock music, video games, and (of course -) her students!